“There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.”
As Beyoncé famously sang in her 2011 hit song, “Who runs the world? Girls!” And with Kamala Harris making history as the first female Vice President of the United States, it’s clear that women are breaking barriers and making significant strides in every industry.
Throughout history, women have had to work tirelessly to ensure their voices are heard. Despite the ongoing gender inequities, women are forging ahead and smashing glass ceilings left and right. They’ve been involved in politics, become activists for social change, and pushed boundaries in athletics.
The goal has always been to gain equality and advocate for a better world, regardless of age, race, or nationality. Powerful women like Malala Yousafzai, Michelle Obama, Ruth Bader Ginsberg, and Jane Goodall inspire millions of girls and women worldwide.
These women have shown that strength and tenacity don’t mean sacrificing vulnerability. They demonstrate that failure should never be an obstacle to achieving your goals. Through their purposeful actions, they have proven that anything is possible.
This is why we’ve compiled a list of 15 inspirational quotes from these wise women. These inspirational quotes for women will prompt you to take on whatever the world throws at you. We hope you enjoy reading them as much as we enjoyed compiling them.
1. “The most effective way to do it, is to do it.”
—Amelia Earhart, first female aviator to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean
2. “If you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman.”
—Margaret Thatcher, former prime minister of the U.K.
3. “We realize the importance of our voices only when we are silenced.”
—Malala Yousafzai, Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest Nobel Prize laureate
4. “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.”
—Michelle Obama, former first lady
5. “A woman is like a tea bag – you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt, former U.S. First Lady and U.S. Delegate to the United Nations General Assembly
6. “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent.”
—Ruth Bader Ginsberg, second female former Supreme Court Justice
7. “At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.”
—Frida Kahlo, a 20th-century Mexican painter, and a feminist
8. “Women who believe in each other create armies that will win kingdoms and wars.”
—Nikita Gill, British-Indian poet, playwright, writer, and illustrator
9. “One of the best things that ever happened to me is that I’m a woman. That is the way all females should feel.”
—Marilyn Monroe, actress, singer, and model
10. “You’re going to walk into many rooms where you may be the only one who looks like you or who has had the experiences you’ve had. So you use that voice and be strong.”
—Kamala Harris, first woman of color to serve as the Vice President of the United States
11. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.”
—Oprah Winfrey, media mogul, and North America’s first black multi-billionaire
12. “If you’re always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.”
—Maya Angelou, Pulitzer-prize nominated poet
13. “Power’s not given to you. You have to take it.”
—Beyonce, Award-Winning Musician, and singer-songwriter
14. “I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.”
–Audrey Hepburn, British actress and humanitarian
15. “A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.”
—Melinda Gates, philanthropist, businesswoman, and global advocate for women and girls
These quotes remind us that we are powerful, we are capable, and we must keep fighting for our rights. Women’s journey toward equality has been long and vigorous, but it’s important to remember that progress has been made.
This Women’s History Month, we honor the legacies of the women who came before us and led the charge for change, each in their own way. Women continue to break barriers and shatter stereotypes in all areas of life. It’s inspiring to see women using their voices and skills to create change and pave the way for future generations.